9 April 2015

IS BRASS THE NEW COPPER?


You know I always like to talk about topical subjects on Apartment Number 4 and today's question I find myself asking is...is brass the new copper? Told you it was hard hitting. Just call me Jeremy Paxman.

I never though I'd say that I was over copper, and I'm not completely but with hints of brass and antique gold popping up everywhere I look at the moment, I'm definitely wanting to incorporate more of it into my own home.

I'm actually considering spray painting the legs of my sofa an antique brass colour when it arrives as it's a petrol blue with black chunky legs. As the rest of the room is white and oak wood, black legs won't really fit in with my colour scheme.

Last night I hunted for some of my favourite brass pieces from the likes of Graham & Green (hello, how amazing is this brass chair above?), Rose & Grey, Maison Royale and Rocket St George. I especially really like the candle stick above and the geometric bowl, both of which would look great when styled on a sideboard vignette. Which piece catches your eye?

Are you a fan of brass, or are you still hankering over everything in a shade of copper?


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I really love that bowl for keeping jewellery in, it's gorgeous! I love the idea of brass as I love warm colours in the home - makes everything feel more cosy! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you think, so leave me a comment below...

Blogger Template Created by pipdig