28 February 2015

JESSICA ALBA'S HONEST GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE

JESSICA ALBA'S HONEST GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE

A friend of mine, who is in amazing shape by the way, introduced me to natural beauty Jessica Alba's go-to green smoothie from her The Honest Life book a while ago, and seen as I'm on a much-needed health kick I thought I'd give it a go last weekend.

It's a whole heap of goodness in one glass and it's super easy to make - making it the perfect weekend wake-up. Pop all the ingredients below in the blender until smooth and there you have it, one step closer to becoming Jessica Alba #dreaming. When I make it again, I'd swap the apple from a Granny Smith to something a lil' sweeter - with the lemon and the ginger, it was tartier (is that a word?) than Lindsay Lohan.

Here's to starting Saturday the right way.

JESSICA ALBA'S HONEST GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Ingredients

1 whole cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped

  • 2 handfuls chopped kale
  • 2 celery sticks, chopped
  • 2 lemons, juiced
  • 2 apples, cored and seeded (use a sweeter apple, not Granny Smiths like I did)
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely diced (I used Very Lazy Chopped Ginger)
  • Frozen watermelon or a dash of the natural sweetener stevia or Truvia for sweetness


  • JESSICA ALBA'S HONEST GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
    JESSICA ALBA'S HONEST GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
    Recipe courtesy of Jessica Alba's The Honest Life
    SHARE:

    No comments

    Post a Comment

    I love to read what you think, so leave me a comment below...

    Blogger Template Created by pipdig