27 February 2015

FIVE PAST FRIDAY: FIVE LUST WORTHY HOME TOURS

I love taking a look into other people's houses - not show houses, but real life, functional living spaces, which is why I'm dedicating this week's Five Past Friday feature to lust worthy homes around the world.

First up, we have this amazing mid-century modern Californian bungalow, which definitely features certain design elements which whet my interiors appetite. I mean, how gorgeous is this bay window and seating area? I love small touches such as the sheepskin rugs thrown over the chairs to create something sumptuous and inviting to relax on. Plus, this decor shows just how easy it is to brighten up a subtle colour palette with splashes of greenery - Ikea are fantastic for plants like this.

This is definitely a house decor which I'm taking inspiration from for my living room when I finally get to decorate it - especially that corner sofa and window seat area. Love, love, love.

FIVE LUST WORTHY HOME TOURS

My next home comes from super-stylish couple Claudia, Levi and their little girl Evie. I came across this home tour on style blog The Beetle Shack and it really is the epitome of effortless, bohemian cool. 

With white walls, stripped back dark wood floors throughout and even a hammock the study, this house has a touch of the 70's and makes me want to rid of all colour and go back to a natural palette. I love how much wood is everywhere, where its logs piling up for the wood burner, or handmade dishes, jugs and ornaments spotted throughout, it really is beautiful. Plus they have the white subway tiles I dream of one day having in my kitchen.

FIVE LUST WORTHY HOME TOURS
Now, if you like your interiors a little more colourful then this Spanish abode from film producer Alice Hernandez could be right up your street. Located in the busy streets of Madrid, this townhouse is a mismatch of styles which seem to work perfectly together. 

I love the turquoise sofa set against the pink walls, and although I would never have thought about dark blue for a bathroom, it actually works very well for this large space Hernandez has. Although I like a house normally to be a little more "lived in", I do really like the eclectic elements to this house - all I have to do now is find a pink velvet chair to go next to my bar cart. 

FIVE LUST WORTHY HOME TOURS
If you've ever seen my bedroom tour I did here on the blog you'll know I'm a massive fan of the simplicity of monochrome. I don't think there are many colour palettes that are as effective as black and white. And that's why I fell in love with this one-bed apartment in New York. 

I absolutely adore this whole dining area set up, from the black metal chairs, to the trestle table and deep purple flowers used to accessorise.

I think my favourite spot, however, has to be the outside living space. The layered cushions and throws make this inviting and stylish and the use of the rugs outside ties the interior and exterior together perfectly.

FIVE LUST WORTHY HOME TOURS
How could I show you my favourite living spaces without showing you this Venice loft from The Hills star Whitney Port. I love it when a house reflects someone's own personal style so much and this bohemian house certainly does that.

Filled with artwork, colour and beautifully crafted pieces of furniture - no doubt picked up from a flee market the designer has visited one weekend - this I suspect is my favourite space of them all. 

I love the rich tones of blues spotted throughout, especially on the prints and patterns Port has used within her bedroom interior. And even though I'm normally not a fan of dark wood when it comes to furniture, I wouldn't turn down her gorgeous dining set - again, beautiful decorated with a bold blue table runner. 

FIVE LUST WORTHY HOME TOURS
So there you have it, five of the most inspirational and lust worthy home tours I could find on the Internet. Sure, there were extravagant homes in the hills of Hollywood which could have made the cut, but I wanted this to be about inspiration and showing you homes which you could take elements of and use for your own space. 

I'd absolutely love to know which home is your favourite - the Californian bungalow, the striped back to nature 70s abode, the eclectic but perfectly polished Madrid pad, the monochrome studio or this bohemian Venice loft? I'm tied between the bungalow and the loft above.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read what you think, so leave me a comment below...

Blogger Template Created by pipdig