8 November 2014

EAT DRINK DO: MILL KITCHEN, FARLSEY

Despite the rain, myself, my friend Holly and her little man Jaxon took a walk into Farsley the village where I live in Leeds for a coffee and cake. With our hoods up, walking through the leaves we decided to call in at Mill Kitchen. Located in Sunnybank Mills, I've driven past this place so many times but have never ventured inside. I've definitely been missing out - it's such a gorgeous little cafe. 

Offering a full breakfast and lunch time menu, as well as farm foods, gifts, books and masses of real ales, we took a seat after ordering and soaked up our surroundings. I love quirky places like this, and for £4 I got a large bottle of Sicilian lemonade and a big old slab of coffee cake - all the cakes are homemade by the way and they are absolutely delicious. Plus, it's always nice to support a local business rather than go to somewhere like Starbucks or Costa.

What's great is that they really cater for children, with toys and colouring pencils etc and plenty of room for them to play without fear of knocking something over. The staff were super friendly and didn't look at me like I was a weirdo when I asked if I could take some photographs - in some places I've been you'd have thought I just asked if I could unleash ebola on its customers. 

There was a real mix of people in there, from elderly couples sharing a toasty pot of tea, to friends gathering for a natter over cake. There was even a woman working away on her laptop in the corner, which is what I suspect I might do for an hour or two next weekend. Let's face it, I'm never going to not blog on a Saturday morning so I might as well do it with a nice hot chocolate and sausage sandwich.

Oh and before I forget, I'm wearing my new hot air balloon print dress from Oliver Bonas, which I love. I've teamed it with my short sleeved white shirt from Topshop and not only is the print great, it's also a really nice length and fit. If you want to have a look for yourself you can by clicking on the Oliver Bonas website here. Tell them I sent you. Have a great weekend and if you're ever in the Farsley area of Leeds, I'd definitely recommend you giving Mill Kitchen a try.










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read what you think, so leave me a comment below...

Blogger Template Created by pipdig