12 April 2015

WILD AT HEART


Lord knows I love me a challenge, so when interior and lifestyle shop Rose & Grey got in touch to see if I could style their Wild Flower Jam Jars with the aim of getting the winning image sent out to over 17,000 Rose and Grey newsletter subscribers, there was no chance I was going to pass that up. 


The jam jars arrived and even though they were gorgeous as they were, I knew to be in with a chance of winning I needed to really put some effort in. I'd been looking for inspiration on Pinterest and I really liked how people painted the inside of mason jars. 

With that said, I popped to Wickes this morning and picked up three complimenting tester pot colours to create an ombre effect. I absolutely love all three but if I was going to paint a room it would have to be in the darkest pinky coral shade above. I can't recall the name of it though and I'm hoping no ones going to ask or else I'm climbing inside the wheelie bin to get at it.


To work better with my decor, I got to work spray painting the lids (which screw off easily) an antique gold from Valspar. I then poured the whole tester pot in each jar and swirled it around until it covered the whole inside of the jar. You then have to tip the jar upside down to get all the unused paint out, and leave it to dry for agggeessss. Not good for an impatient blogger like me. 

Because you have to add water to keep your little flowers alive, I'd recommend spraying sealer inside the jar to make sure the paint doesn't run once dried. I picked up these gorgeous flowers from Aldi, ever the big spender I am and I think once put together they look gorgeous. Definitely suited to my Wild at Heart print.   


What do you think to my styling stroke DIY effort? With the prize of a voucher up for grabs and my living room in dire need of some cool decorative pieces, I'm asking you all to keep your fingers crossed for me and my little pink ombre jam jars. 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Love what you've done with these!

    Ally // Digital Diva xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Ally! Thanks so much for stopping by! xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely colours and so clever about painting them :)

    Best of luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extremely talented, you make it seem so easy! It's a great idea for my little girls room. Good luck, I hope you win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I only do easy DIY's, I can't do anything else! I figured if I want easy ones, others might want to see how they're done :) thanks for stopping by Jane! xxx

      Delete
  4. These are gorgeous! Such a clever idea definitely going to give it a go, hope you win!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy Laura so definitely give it a go! :) thanks for stopping by! xxx

      Delete
  5. Love this so much! I may try turquoise for my bathroom!

    missdaintydaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous!! Would never have thought of painting the inside, but the result is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Clarina! :) thanks for stopping by! xxx

      Delete

I love to read what you think, so leave me a comment below...

Blogger Template Created by pipdig