11 December 2014

LIVING ROOM MAKEOVER INSPIRATION


One of my New Year's resolutions, apart from saving money to travel lots, is to decorate my living room. At the moment, because I only moved in four months ago, it's a bit of a mix of basic/budget pieces. I haven't really invested in any money in there as it's not overly awful, but it just doesn't have my stamp on it like, say, my bedroom does.

I'm kind of obsessed with Scandinavian interiors at the moment and seem to be pinning nothing else, so I've started to gather some inspiration from the high street as well some key investment pieces. I'd like to properly invest in an arm chair and a sofa - I love this beaten vintage inspired one from Furniture Choice, and if you follow me on Facebook you'll know how much I've gone about this sofa from Ikea. If I'm going Scandinavian then I might as well head to Scandi-mecca.

In terms of accessories, I really like the eclectic mix in these images I've pulled for inspiration, with varied textures, finishes, wood teamed with metal and greenery everywhere.




Below are some pieces I've picked out from the high street, I especially like the mix of the metallic cushion with the striped. The coffee table I've chosen couldn't be further from my usual style but I really like it. Funny how your taste can change as you get older.


1. Winston two-Seater Sofa £849.99 Furniture Choice 2. Cushion Cover £3.99 H&M 3. Lovbacken Coffee Table £60 Ikea 4. Shiny Copper Vase £19.99 Zara Home 5. Dracaena Janet Lind £8 Ikea 6. George Home Peach Alarm Clock £5.00 Asda 7. Metallic Cushion Cover £12.99 H&M 8. Stocksund Two Seater £425 Ikea
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Loving the subtle pink additions that's off-set with dark furniture. lovely choices x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much Alina! Love your blog, I'm just going through it now...I'm preparing for an afternoon of doing not much else :) x

      Delete

I love to read what you think, so leave me a comment below...

Blogger Template Created by pipdig