11 June 2017

MASCULINE INTERIOR DESIGN INSPIRATION


You know when you get lost in the depths of Pinterest, when one image leads to an inspiring board, which leads to someone new to follow, which leads to all sorts of visual goodness? Well, that's how I managed to stumble across this amazing space. 

Far removed from my usual love of bright, white open spaces, this masculine inspired interior drips in sophistication and glamour. I love the clean lines, the rich textures and surprisingly, the use of black throughout. It's just so luxe, with the black marble table top through to the angular stone fireplace. I imagine this is somewhere in Europe, maybe Italy or Austria - either way, it's an amazing space.

I've never considered black furniture before - it always seemed a little "boys bedroom furniture from the catalogue" for me - but I love the use of the black ash desk below (I've just spotted a similar one at Danetti here - swoooooon), set against a beautiful grey textured rug and neutral chair.




I know this kind of design has to have the right setting, but I definitely think this is something you can incorporate into your own home. You don't need to go knocking down walls and injuring yourself, ready to call Slater & Gordon, but simple accessories are enough to change your space.

I currently have a monochrome bedroom design and I'm looking to update the space with some more grown-up, sophisticated additions such as black candles, photo frames and glass vases. Oh, and maybe some houndstooth cushions. And new bedding. Perhaps a new rug. And a throw...


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. A very modern, sophisticated and masculine look! Neutral colours, but relying more on the darker shades is always an effective colour palette to keep the room looking modern and edgy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you think, so leave me a comment below...

Blogger Template Created by pipdig